Wednesday, March 2, 2011

now for my oldest

Micah was supposed to be the easy one.  He doesn't react to artificials.  He thinks they are kind of a yucky idea, and after he studied the ingredients of Cool Ranch Doritoes with me online one night, he stopped wanting to eat them.  But really, he wasn't supposed to have any restrictions.

Yet this fall and winter, he's been sick with diarrhea at least 5 times, and it generally lasts 5-10 days.  Do the math, and you can guess how much school he's missed this year.  And now, he's been sick three times in the past 5 weeks alone.

My pediatrician and I are getting to know each other very well...and she knows about our diet changes and the things we've discovered about Rachel and gluten.  So when we went to see her today, she ordered bloodwork to check Micah for celiac and told me to go ahead and put him on a diary free, gluten free diet for now.

We're starting to think Josiah and I have issues with gluten, too, so maybe it's time to become a gluten free family!

I'm going to buy a new waffle maker tomorrow to celebrate.

No comments: