Thursday, April 16, 2009

a plea

Born out of the crucible of trials

Dear Lord, would You please help me:
-to submit to You rather than my circumstances?
-to deal with problems rather than avoid them?
-to see Your larger purposes and not dwell on the pain of the moment?
-to die a thousand deaths to self if necessary, that Your life will emerge?
-to understand that more than a change in circumstances, I need a change in character?
-to recognize setbacks as a perfect part of Your perfect plan?
-to lean on Your strength when my weaknesses are exposed?
-to know You are as concerned with my heart as You are with my actions?
-to recognize that revealing my wrong motives is your way of loving me enough to discipline me?
-to exalt Christ, not self?
-to be willing to embrace all of life wholeheartedly for Jesus' sake, that You may work out Your salvation in me for the glory of God and the good of others?

No comments: