Wednesday, March 16, 2011

still can't believe how far we have come


With spring quickly approaching, my thoughts have often returned to last summer.  I remember long days that often ended in tears, constantly battling the behavior of a certain little boy.  No more!!!  With the help of some digestive enzymes which have lessened the affects of Josiah's numerous food sensitivities, I can count on normal 4-year-old behavior almost every day.  Yes, we still have behavior issues--the same ones all 4-year-olds have.  


Four is a marvelous age!!!  There is so much still to be learned, and children this age soak everything up like a sponge.  Josiah is no exception.  We continue to do preschool together 3 days a week.  I've loved using our curriculum to teach him about the world God made, and he loves it, too.  Last week we planted seeds and he had to run and check on them every 5 minutes to see if they were growing yet!!  Josiah was incredibly excited about Sunday School this week where they taught about the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit...something we had learned together the first weeks of preschool. 


One of our favorite activities is above: using Wikki Stiks to form letters.  Fine motor skills seem to come later for my kids so we enjoy any extra practice we can get in this area.  Josiah also loves to sound out 3-letter words.  He seems to think this is a game!! 


Some of the best moments these days are the ones I least expect.  I'll look up, and my little guy is on the floor, playing with toys.  I still shake my head and remember the days when he would rarely play by himself.  Other times, he'll be on the couch looking at a story.  He loves to listen to me read but has rarely sat still by himself with a book.  Then there are the times he spends playing with the older kids. 


We are enjoying and thanking God for these precious days!

No comments: