Monday, June 27, 2011

got milk?

I was ready to give up on milk.  Then I found this at our health food store and cautiously let Josiah try it.   He does not react to it at all.  Amazing!!  It sure tastes great, too.  It is not homogenized, but a good shake before pouring takes care of the cream that rises to the top.

I'm still not sure what it is that would make this milk better for Josiah than what we were buying before.  He is very sensitive to added vitamins and some corn derivatives.  It could be that, or it could be that healthy cows allowed to pasture feed really do produce better milk.  A year ago I didn't even want to attempt to understand the arguments behind organic food, but I'm coming around when I see the difference it makes in a child with so many food sensitivities. 

I can't wait to try their yogurt.  Now if we could just find some cheese that works for him...

1 comment:

leah said...

We did have to pull milk again. I continue to pray that this sensitivity in particular would be one God will one day remove.