Wednesday, March 2, 2011

my favorite gluten free flour mix

6 c. rice flour (I use 3 c. white rice and 3 c. brown rice)

2 c. potato starch flour

1 c. tapioca flour

Mix in tall container and store in freezer.  (Gluten free flours have a shorter shelf life than regular flour.)  Add 1 t. xanthan gum or guar gum for every cup of flour used.  I wait and add the xanthan gum when I'm mixing a recipe.  You can use this flour to replace regular flour in any recipe, and it tastes great!

Check websites like Amazon and Vitacost for some good prices on gluten-free flours.

2 comments:

Practicing Joy said...

[...] cup all purpose GF flour 1 tsp baking [...]

our favorite granola bars | Practicing Joy said...

[...] have made these gluten-free by substituting my GF flour blend.  I’d love to find a way to cut out a little [...]