Thursday, March 10, 2011

sparkles optional

Recently, Rachel insisted that we really need to jazz up our Sundays.  Considering the fact her dad and I think this is a great day for a nap, she just might be right.  So this past Sunday, she declared a craft day, complete with pajamas (for Rachel, anyway!)



"Craft" doesn't sit well with a 12-year-old boy, but drawing does.  He's really getting quite good at dragons.



I am not at all artistic, but it was still good for me to slow down, look at detail, and make an attempt.  The 1, 2, 3 Paint book we checked out from the library helped with some inspiration, too.  What I painted did not turn out that great, but the kids were impressed.  Maybe they'll try some new things as well!  I noted that if we're going to take this seriously we need some real paints and better paper, but watercolors are still fun.



Time to get out the glitter and beads, too!


Next up: Nature Day.  Boy, I can't wait for that one!!  Please come, spring!

No comments: