Saturday, January 8, 2011

broken in this world

Difficulties engaging in independant play with toys...pestering the dog all day long...spinning around instead of paying attention...inappropriate use of words...lack of impulse control...inability to focus...short-term memory issues...

I absolutely love my son.  His outgoing personality, zest for life, and friendliness toward others encourages me and even spurs me on towards growth in these areas in my own quiet, more self-conscious personality.  But there are times that I see how his misbehavior causes him trouble, grates on those around him, and interferes with normal functioning.  It makes me hate ADHD and what it has done to him.  I see his potential and the precious gifts God has given him, and it breaks my heart to see the times this disorder makes a train wreck out of his actions and have such an effect on who he is.

But what a reminder of the spiritual realm:  we are all marred by sin.  God has made each person unique, and gifted in some way to be blessing to others.  When we willingly disobey our Maker and allow sin to rule our lives, we too are adversely affected in every action, relationship, and even in our eternal destiny if we choose to continue in defiance against God.

Do I hate sin as much as I hate ADHD?

No comments: