Saturday, June 13, 2009

recommendations

Thanks to a tip from my parents, Eric and I took Micah and Rachel to see the movie Up today. We'd both highly recommend it for both being family-friendly and having great lessons to talk about. I'd have to admit the 3-D was a fun twist. (It is a bit too intense for small children.)

If you like brass music, check out http://www.kingsbrass.org/. Tim Zimmerman and the Kings Brass was in concert at our church several years ago. I recently remembered them when Micah and Josiah were enjoying the 1812 overture from a Kindermusic CD, looked them up online, and ordered a couple of CD's. They are awesome!! If you live in Central IL and have no plans for tomorrow night, they are in concert at Gibson City Bible Church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike and I also enjoyed UP . . . after the first 30 minutes. I was so upset by the sadness of the first part of the story that I could not stop crying, even w/the humor of the remainder of the movie!

Yes, I'm a middle-aged woman who sobs uncontrollably at 3-D cartoons.