Thursday, October 27, 2011

you're kidding, right?

Yesterday someone put a long hockey stick in the hand of my 4-year-old son, and then patiently explained to him how to keep it on the floor, stop spinning around while holding it, and generally not whack anyone on the head with it.  Then they put an orange puck down in front of him and set him loose with about 8 other kids under the age of 8.  He followed the puck with the intensity of a hungry dog stalking its prey.

I didn't know whether to laugh hysterically or be very afraid.  I found both worked.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I don't know Leah, he's getting a pretty late start. Maybe you all should move up here where we train them from the moment they can walk...and then we can see each other more often. lol.

leah said...

So what I really need is some perspective on this, huh? I had no idea we should have started earlier!!

Hockey for toddlers and seeing you more...it sounds tempting!