Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...it is warm and sunny, but the threat of severe weather hangs over us.  My thoughts and prayers are with the people in Joplin, MO and the many other places where tornadoes have caused devastation this spring.

I am thinking...about having a blog just for Bible study inspiration.  It could mirror the study I lead this summer and then be a place to put the studies I've written.  It's better than the filing cabinet they are in now...at least someone could use them.  Thoughts? 

I am thankful for...the daily reminder from God's word that I may be a pauper but am rich in Christ. 

From the learning rooms...we are on day four of creation and learning about the universe.  This morning we watched clips of the first landing on the moon.  The preschooler was enthralled and I was trying to imagine what that day must have felt like to those watching.   

From the kitchen...we are trying to learn to like green tea.  Some claim it helps with cholesterol, triglycerides, focus, blood sugar control, and more.  What I wasn't expecting was Josiah clamoring to try it.  We found him some regular peppermint tea and he loves it.  Ok then. 

I am wearing...paint clothes that didn't get splattered.  I wish the same were true of our bathroom floor.  

I am going...to take my daughter to pick out a violin this week.  (We're renting.)  How fun is that?  Not sure where this journey will end up or whether it will last, but it's fun to be here to start it with her. 

I am reading...According to Plan: The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible by Graeme Goldsworthy.  It is an introduction to Biblical theology, a Christmas present from a young man who will someday be a great pastor.  What I love: look for how all scripture points to Christ.  I'm only on chapter 5. 

I am hoping...the homeschool band my son is joining will grow.  That I know a year from now what we are supposed to do next about school.

I am hearing...mostly silence and some birds.  Josiah is napping after being awakened an hour early by a crash of thunder. 

Around the house...we have two purple rooms now.  I know it is pretty silly to be giddy over this but I am. 

One of my favorite things...is school ending and summer beginning.  We have 5 days and an hour. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: help my friend with a garage sale.  Life can go on when we're done!  And supper with a friend and her family who live far away but are close in heart.  I can't wait to see her.

Here is a picture I am sharing, because he overcame his fears and had a great time:



I'm taking part in the Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Item 2: Yes please. What a great idea. Love it! Also love the photo of your youngest in the bouncy hut. He and my youngest are so similar sometimes, it's funny! Ditto on the excited part!!! Pray for the timing.

leahjoy1 said...

I'll be praying...just let us know. We hope it works to see you!!

Ok, I'll get to work on the blog (and study content) soon. I already have the blog, just nothing posted yet. :)