Sunday, May 15, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...it is cloudy and way too cold for May.  We've gone from air conditioning to heat in a matter of days.  It can't last for long.


I am thinking...about how great it would be to have my brother and sister-in-law only 2 1/2 hours away instead of 13.  Pray, pray, pray.  It's not really about what I want, but about where God would want them to be.


I am thankful for...good friends.  My life is richer because of them.  I appreciate that my perspective is not the only one out there and that I am part of a larger community, especially the body of Christ.


From the learning rooms...we are finishing up the first half of a preschool curriculum.  Josiah's favorites are All About Spelling and reading time.  He does not understand why he should EVER have to color.


From the kitchen...we are finishing off the homemade cinnamon rolls.  When Rachel brought home her Mother's Day note to me, the first and last sentence read, "The most important thing about my mother is that she is a good baker."  Only by God's grace, because I have to now!!!  It helps that I know some really good cooks who share their recipes.


I am wearing...a long sleeved shirt and a fleece jacket.  I'm going to have to change soon for a graduation party.  My goal with clothes is usually comfort, not fashion.


I am creating...a space for homeschooling.  We had to empty a storage cabinet and move a desk.  A fresh coat of paint is coming next.  I think I've decided to stay with purple.


I am going...to stay home a lot more this week.  Time to tackle some projects that have been put off for too long.


I am reading...about 5 books at once.  This could be its own post!  Two are recommendations from friends: A Charlotte Mason Education by Catherine Levison and Children Who Do Too Little by Patricia Sprinkle.  I literally held one in each hand not knowing which to devour first.  Both are good and if you're nearby and want to borrow, I'll be done soon.  I'm also reading two books my brother gave me for my birthday: The Glory of Christ by John Owen and A Place for Weakness by Michael Horton.  I'm also plowing through Gospel-Powered Parenting by William Farley.  There is more theology in it than parenting tips--my kind of book indeed.


I am hoping...in the return of Christ.  After studying Isaiah, it's hard not to think about it more often and long for that day.


I am hearing...my son and husband playing the Wii game they got me for Mother's Day. 


Around the house...things are looking much better than a week ago.  I love having kids who can clean bathrooms!


One of my favorite things...is quiet.  That's one good reason to get out of bed as early as I do.


Here is picture I am sharing...



I'm taking part in the Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments: