Monday, May 9, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...it is warm and sunny, a picture perfect day.  There are not enough days like this, so they are a gift when they come.


I am thinking...about my last BSF leader's meeting tomorrow.  It is a bittersweet feeling to think about leaving the leadership of this ministry.  I'm richer than words can say to have spent eight years there.  God is good! 


I am thankful for...another school year almost done.  It's been a long one with a lot of illness but we have learned to persevere.


From the kitchen...the cupboards are almost bare.  Time to grocery shop and bake some homemade snacks to get us through the week.


I am wearing...an orange Parkside cross country shirt.  I wasn't sure having a shirt that says, "Here's your target" on the back was good attire for a walk in the woods today, but at least it was orange.


I am creating...a plan for homeschooling in the fall.  It's coming together bit by bit.


I am going...to lead a Bible study this summer on how to have a quiet time with the Lord.  Ideas, ideas, ideas.  This has been life-changing for me and a tool I look forward to passing on to others.  I'm grateful for the woman who put it into my hands.


I am reading...The $5 Dinner Mom Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook.  The recipes look wonderful and I'm hoping it will help save some money so we can do music lessons for the kids this year.


I am hoping...to grow in self-discipline in the months to come.


I am hearing...my husband and kids wish my mother-in-law Happy Mother's Day.  I hope I'm next in line to talk!


Around the house...I just need some time to clean this week.  It's been too nice outside to be indoors cleaning, but it needs to be done eventually.


One of my favorite things...is being outdoors after a long winter.  Is there a theme here?


Here is picture I am sharing:



I am taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Leah, I love it! I understand why you like the posts now. What a great way to keep up with each other. Have a great week.