Monday, October 20, 2008

melt in your mouth good

With 4 out of the 5 family members sick right now (hurray, Josiah is the one that is well!) I was glad to remember this morning that I had a pork roast in the freezer. Now I'm not sure if I should admit this (although I've never claimed cooking as my specialty so it should be no surprise), but I've never made pork roast before. I ran to www.allrecipes.com and found this easy recipe to try for supper. It was really good, and even Josiah ate it on a bun, dipped in ketchup, which is amazing for a little boy who generally won't eat meat.

Tender Pork Roast
1 (3 pound) boneless pork roast
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
3/4 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. ground mustard

Cut roast in half; place in 5 qt. slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees-170 degrees F. You can eat as is or shred and put on buns for sandwiches. Yummy!!!!!

No comments: