Wednesday, March 27, 2013

remembering the truth about God

There are days...

-when there is more information than I can take in

-when there are more tasks on my "to do" list than I can get to

-when life demands more strength than I have

-when the hurts here and around the world are more than I can bear

-when problems are bigger than I can solve

-when just looking at the piles on my desk or not being able to find a lost paper is enough to overwhelm an already overtaxed mind and soul

Things were never lower in Israel's history than when Jeremiah penned these words:

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'"

Waiting, resting, trusting, and knowing that when I feel burdens too big for me, it my opportunity to look to the God who is big enough.



1 comment:

chacha said...

Sometimes I have to smile. God sent me here tonight because I needed to read this. Praying you have a blessed Easter.