Wednesday, February 1, 2012

passion according to Paul

There are a few key things I am passionate about, and they most likely show up here on my blog pretty often.  I have a passion to raise godly children in a loving family, to help them each discover and develop according to their own unique God-design; a passion for good food as a means to good health (physical and emotional), and a passion to spend time daily with God to know His word and grow in relationship with Him.

But sometimes, my passions get out of balance.

Reading Acts 20:24 this week spoke deeply to this:
"But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God."  (NLT, which I am really loving right now!)

I am off balance if I focus mostly on my family, diet, or even mostly on my own personal relationship with God.  We know Christ that we may make Him known.  The gospel is news that is too good to be kept to ourselves.  Around us is a world that is crumbling under the weight of sin and people need to know there is a rescue.  God's sheep will hear His voice as His truth is made known to the world, and many will be saved.

I'm thankful Paul reminded me.

No comments: