Tuesday, July 17, 2012

favorite snow cone recipe

With the temps soaring again, all eyes turn to the freezer for relief.  We've been tinkering with making homemade snow cones, and this recipe is our favorite so far!

First, the best way I've found so far to make homemade lemonade apart from squeezing my own lemons:  1 bottle Minute Maid lemon juice.  Make lemonade according to directions on the box; I think it is 4 cups of water and 3/4 c. of sugar.

Then, fill a blender as much as you like with ice.  Pour lemonade until within one inch of top of ice, and blend everything on "ice crush" setting.  If you leave it as is, you have a wonderful FG stage 1 recipe.

However, we have been enjoying some natural maraschino cherries as a special anniversary treat (from me to Eric).  I found these on sale at our local health food store.  The cherries are incredible, but what to do with the leftover juice?  DON'T throw it away!!!!  Pour it on top of the snow cone (or in with the blender with the lemonade) and mix with straw.

Soooo refreshing!!!  And in my case, one very happy husband.

No comments: