Thursday, November 18, 2010

it's not what you think...

I've made a list, and checked it twice... for corn sweeteners and gluten-free, casein-free items, and I'm ready to go.

To Trader Joe's.

It will be nice to have a few more choices for things to eat around here! There are even key ingredients we've been doing without for four months. I'm hoping to find a few of those things, too.

For over a week now, Josiah's been reacting to something we can't quite figure out, so I'm remembering I need to be a bit cautious about new foods, too. (I think his reaction was to the non-organic milk we tried. Yes, we've switched back, but it took a few extra days for me to remember it was also in the homemade waffles he's been eating every morning for breakfast.)

I will go to sleep tonight dreaming of having hot dog buns again.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

I am jealous!! We really need one in this area! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Going to Trader Joe's is an event. Mike and I have wandered in there w/friends w/no purpose but to see the interesting foods. (It doesn't take much to amuse us!)

Hope your day is all things lovely!

leah said...

Erin--that sounds fun. I would love to wander, but that's not very possible with a 9-year-old who has new American Girl toys waiting for her in the car. (She did great humoring me for a little bit, though.)

I didn't find as much as I had hoped, but it's nice to have some bread and buns we can eat. Eric went for some blueberry outmeal and Rachel chose gummy penguins. The vanilla meringues are my personal favorite so far!!!

Amy-I agree, I'd love one here. Too bad they are usually only in big cities. The prices can't be beat, even for downtown Chicago.