Thursday, November 25, 2010

giving thanks

As we sat down to lunch today (leftover homemade pizza--our Thanksgiving meals are coming on Friday and Saturday!!), I asked everyone to write down at least five things they are thankful for, and then we each prayed and thanked God for His blessings. Here are our responses:

Josiah
gymnastics
Thanksgiving
stockings and Christmas trees
milk
Micah, Rachel, Mommy, and Daddy

Rachel
foxes
horses
my brothers
food
hamsters
Mom and Dad

Micah
God and His blessings
My family and friends
Food and clothes
Shelter
Entertainment

Leah
God's grace to me through Jesus Christ
a new pastor for our church
finding Feingold for Josiah and seeing who he really is because it works
health and life--that we didn't die from carbon monoxide poisoning last January!
family and friends

Eric
Jesus
Family
God's provision in work, food, and shelter
friends
sour cherry balls

We finished the meal with homemade cinnamon rolls and to be honest, I don't think anyone was missing turkey. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

2 comments:

Joshua said...

sour cherry balls??? Eric isn't silly at all is he.

Joshua threw up last night so we skipped the road trip and spent the day at home. We were sorry to miss my family, but the quiet time at home was a blessing :)

leah said...

I'm sorry to hear about Joshua! Micah is already worried, asking if he will be there tomorrow. Josiah threw up about 4 times between 3-6 on Wed. morning, and then asked for breakfast at 7:30. I hope Joshua's is that short-lived! (And that we are DONE!)

Sour cherry balls--perhaps a hint? And funny, too, because I doubt those would be anywhere to be found without artificial food coloring...ha! (But now I'm going to be looking.)