Saturday, July 31, 2010

10 things I want to do before summer ends

Time is quickly slipping away. Thanks for the reminder from Erin over at Filling My Patch of Sky. Here's my list, please share yours!

10. Have the house organized and picked up. This is like trying to shovel an avalanche, but I'm determined to make it happen eventually.
9. Try this recipe for homemade crescent rolls and this one for homemade goldfish crackers.
8. Take my kids to Miller Park Zoo and the Children's Discovery Museum.
7. Go to the McLean County Fair.
6. Invite friends over.
5. Hike at Sugar Grove Nature Center.
4. Organize a prayer journal.
3. Take in Pops in the Park, a free concert featuring the Illinois Symphony Orchestra, on Sept. 4.
2. Ice cream from Coldstone Creamery.
1. Take a walk alone (i.e. without kids), hand in hand, with my husband of 16 years.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

Can I have your goldfish recipe? Yesterday Asher told me to call Pepperidge Farm and ask them for it. He was pretty bummed when I told them they wouldn't give it to me. I just love Gods timing!

leah said...

Sure thing...if you click on the words "this recipe" it should take you there. (My links are hard to see--need to change the color!) Or try this: http://www.yumsugar.com/52-Weeks-Baking-Goldifish-Three-Bears-416829

If you do make them, let me know what you think! I don't have a 2" cookie cutter, but thought I could just cut them in squares at first.

leah said...

Oops, I mean the words, "this one."