Friday, May 28, 2010

help!

I stumbled across an old CD, bought when Micah was quite young. This song makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. If you know a mom with a jungle baby, don't give her your condemnation, give her your support. There's so much potential for good in such a child...power to change the world. They sure aren't going to leave it the same place it was before they arrived! But it takes endurance...and speaking of that, you can pray I will make it through the hitting and kicking phase.

Jungle Baby by 2 Moms

God, thank you for the child you've sent from heaven above.
Sent to mom and dad a perfect picture of you love.
She loves to dance and sing and play, she moves so gracefully.
She's learning all her manners well, and lives obediently.

But what is this, a second child, he isn't like the first one.
Isn't mild but kind of wild, and there are no instructions.
We thought that we had figured out the secret to parenthood,
but the tactics that we know so well aren't working like they should.

(Chorus)
What ya' gonna do when ya got a wild child, when ya got a jungle baby?
They're into everything, and on the move, they can almost drive you crazy.
Jumpin' off the bed, bouncing on the couch and climbing on everything.
If you had a vine hangin' down in your home, he'd be--SWINGING!

How is this, we lost all control, wish we'd known much sooner.
The God of wisdom, love and might, has a sense of humor.
He won't give us more than we can take; I know He cares for me.
But I'll take advice from anyone, somebody help me please!
(Repeat chorus)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those lyrics are great!

I think your post on the gospel is a perfect fit for that song: to trust that God is working in you even as you learn how to love and train a wild child w/o trying to squelch his spark.

It's a tricky balance, huh? When things get off kilter, reread your previous post! :)

leah said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I can't help but notice I have an inner man that needs tamed as much as my child...