Saturday, April 17, 2010

a taste of India

My husband surprised me for my birthday last night by taking me to a local Indian restaurant where 12 of his Indian co-workers and their families were gathered. I can't remember when I've had so much fun--getting to know new people, learning about their country and culture, and sampling delicious food. (The restaurant has six levels of spiciness, and my husband's friends wisely suggested we start at the lowest level.) I found this website with Indian recipes to try. Who knows? This could be just the motivation I need to learn to enjoy cooking! Even more importantly, I hope it can be a bridge to understanding and developing a burden for those of another culture, something that is greatly needed for this stay-at-home mom from Midwestern America.

No comments: