Saturday, February 13, 2010

the task at hand, the attitude of heart


"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."

Breakfast.
Brush hair.
Make beds.
Pick up morning messes.
Take kids to school.
Run errands.
Plan meals.
Groceries.
Prepare meals.
Laundry.
Ironing.
Pay bills.

"You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things."

Play with preschooler.
Discipline.
Potty train.
Doctor appointments.
Check email.
Renew library books.
Write notes.
Phone friend.
Nap time.
Quiet time.
Study.
Pray.

"Be still and know that I am God."

Clean.
Vacuum.
Dust.
Scrub.
Schedule.
Discern.
Chauffeur.
Listen.
Share.
Pray.
Meditate.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

Homework help.
Organize.
"Remember to practice."
"Did you study?"
Give bath.
Dress youngest for bed.
Brush teeth.
Read stories.
Tuck in bed.
Clean up.
Love this family.

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

Try.
Fail.
Seek forgiveness and forgive.
Ask.
Trust.
Wait.
Receive.
Depend.
Thank.
Overcome.
Where would I be without Him? It's His action, not mine, that matters most.

"You know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you."

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simple things are truly the foundation of faithfulness, aren't they? I love this.