Wednesday, November 4, 2009

that the world may know

This hymn was introduced to me at our missions conference recently as a favorite of many on staff with New Tribes Missions, an agency that takes the gospel to unreached tribal groups. The words are powerful, and as I ponder them, do I really dare to think of what God may do if He answers such a plea for His people? Do I dare contemplate what He may do through me?

Set My Soul Afire
Set my soul afire, Lord, for Thy Holy Word,
Burn it deep within me, let Thy voice be heard;
Millions grope in darkness in this day and hour,
I will be a witness, fill me with Thy power.

Set my soul afire, Lord, For the lost in sin,
Give to me a passion as I seek to win;
Help me not to falter, never let me fail,
Fill me with Thy Spirit, let Thy will prevail.

Set my soul afire, Lord, in my daily life.
Far too long I've wandered in this day of strife;
Nothing else will matter but to live for Thee,
I will be a witness for Christ lives in me.

Chorus
Set my soul afire Lord, set my soul afire,
Make my life a witness of Thy saving power.
Millions grope in darkness, waiting for Thy Word.
Set my soul afire, Lord, set my soul afire.

No comments: