Tuesday, September 8, 2009

looking for a fall Bible study?

Next week I will begin my tenth year of Bible Study Fellowship. I was six months pregnant with my daughter when a friend invited me to give BSF a try. God made a way for my husband to stay home with our newborn while I continued to attend until she was old enough to join the children's program at age 2.

No longer will young moms attending day classes have to "wait" until their children turn two to attend together. Beginning in January, BSF classes who have leaders in place will add newborns six weeks of age and older to their children's program! I can't imagine the blessing this will be to young moms who would otherwise be unable to attend or who will no longer need to work out childcare, nor can I fathom the blessing it will be to the babies who will be brought. Children who attend the children's program hear Bible stories from the same passage their parents are studying, learn hymns and verses, and enjoy many other fun learning activities. Now even babies will hear a Bible story and be prayed over as they are lovingly cared for. Leaders are well-trained and have a passion for teaching the Bible to children. There are studies for school-aged children offered with the evening men's and women's classes, and preschool children are served through the day women's classes.

This year BSF members will be studying John and 1 John, and next year the book of Isaiah will be added as a study. There are exciting changes moving through BSF!! Being involved in this ministry has been life-changing for me and my family as I have learned how to study and apply the word of God, and even teach it to others (which simply proves God can do anything.) My children have a love for the Bible and for the Lord that was certainly laid partially through their years in BSF. For more information or to find a class near you, visit http://www.bsfinternational.org/.

No comments: