Wednesday, April 10, 2013

remembering GG

Because today was her birthday.  How I wish Josiah could have known her!  They would have loved each other.
 
She was Eric's grandma, the kind of grandma who always had candy in her cupboard, games on the table, and a bed ready for anyone who wanted to spend the night.  She loved the kids, and they loved her.  I can't count the number of times I saw her with a child on her knee playing "ride the horsey," or a baby in her arms.
 
And of course, we all loved her bubble bread.  And teased that she had probably burned it.  Because she did, once, long before I knew her.  I feel privileged to have the recipe in her own handwriting.
 
 
Bubble Bread
 
24 frozen rolls thawed out at least 2 hours (She always used Rhodes rolls)
Melt 1/2 stick margarine/butter
 
Dip rolls in butter, sugar, and cinnamon.  Stagger rolls in angel food cake pan.  Let rise about 1 1/2-2 hours.  Bake at 350 for 40-45 min.  Turn upside down on plate to cool.  Frost with powdered sugar frosting.
 
For a gluten free version, I'm going to try using Pamela's bread mix for the rolls, and will update if it works!

1 comment:

leah said...

I forgot to update, but it works!! :)