Friday, November 11, 2011

a whole lotta science going on

There are times I still feel like I need to pinch myself to believe we are really homeschooling this year.  When I see science experiments taking place, it seems even more surreal. 


 How do airplanes fly?  Josiah learned how slow air pushes on an object to create lift.  (His faster air in the middle meant the slow air pushed the balloons together.)  It was the first time this year I pulled out our preschool science book, but after his reaction it appears it won't be the last.


 We did it!!  Rachel's light hut for botany.

Baking soda, vinegar, and a balloon.  I know you've seen this one, but Micah hadn't yet.  Throw in a little cabbage indicator to make it even more interesting.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Science experiments are AWESOME!

leah said...

They sure are! Who knew?