Friday, September 19, 2008

He cares for the small things

Matthew 6:31-32, 30a
So do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them...will he not much more clothe you?

OK, I'll admit it, I've been acting like the pagans, running all over town trying to find Rachel dresses to wear to church this fall. If you are a parent of an elementary girl, you know how hard it is to a) find dresses, period and b) find a dress that looks like something an elementary girl should be wearing. Finally I did what I should have done in the beginning; I prayed! Surely providing dresses is not too big for God. Sure enough, two days later my friend called telling me she had several beautiful dresses in Rachel's size at her garage sale. Rachel loves them and they all fit her perfectly!

No comments: