Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goodbye, Kingsridge Drive; Hello, Jenny Lind!!




This morning Micah came bouncing into my bedroom, hands clasped together and eyes gleaming. "Tomorrow we start to move, tomorrow we start to move!" he chanted. "Mom, I'm sad, glad, anxious and excited all at the same time."

We all are!! We've spent over a year getting our house ready to sell, then the past 6 weeks packing. It's hard to believe the time of transition is almost over. When I started packing the kitchen yesterday, it did start to seem more real. Our cupboards are bare!! However, unlike Old Mother Hubbard, I can find you some food if I open a box...


It's exciting to think of the changes ahead, but that's exactly what makes me anxious as well...change. Not only are we moving, but in the next couple of weeks school lets out, summer arrives, and our whole schedule will change. I love summer and expect to fully embrace it, but it's a lot to adjust to at once. I told Eric last night to expect to find me crumpled in a heap of tears in a week or two, and to just reassure me that this too, shall pass.

Jenny Lind, here we come!!! We'll arrive with plenty of kleenex. Don't take it personally. We really can't wait!

No comments: