Tuesday, March 25, 2008

wind

Nahum 1:3b
His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet.

Ps. 135:7
He makes the clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning and rain and brings the wind from his storehouses.

As I listen to the wind whip its way around Central IL this morning, it brings me back to the thoughts I had on a windy day last fall.

A.W. Tozer wrote "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us...no religion has ever been greater than its idea of God." So today I ask, "How big is God?" I need to ask this often if I am to rightly align my life to who God really is. Today's answer came in the wind. Not a whispering breeze today--it roars through the tops of the trees and breaks limbs, flinging them to the ground without regard for where they fall. If I took a breath and blew upward, would it make even one leaf tremble? Yet God's wind tears across the expanse of the world and shakes every leaf in its path. How big are the storehouses He uses to hold the wind? Now, is there anything I am facing today that is too big for this God?

No complaining about the wind today. It reminds me of the great God I serve!!

No comments: